Thread: NB v2 to v4 Upgrade

Default NB v2 to v4 Upgrade

Hey everyone,
    I have a quick question hopefully. I had a working RRW Tri Reb with a NB v2, w/ single 18650, until the board died on me a few weeks ago. I've purchased a NB v4 as a replacement and been out of the game for a while. From the NB v4 owners manual I no longer need to use the PEX for the flash on clash like I did with the v2. But can I just wire up the new NB v4 using the L2- as the flash on clash pad with the PEX still connected and do a straight swap? Or do I need to remove the power extender?

Thanks!

Unless you want to mix colors with the NBv4, you don't need the power extender. FYI, you can also contact forum member Zook for a repair on your NBv2.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the quick answer!

if you do a straight swap- you may want to adjust the parameters on the card for your FOC..., but thats pretty well laid out in the manual.

Avidgrant, is there any point to keeping the power extender with the NB v4? Doesn't the pex just supply the needed drive to the die that the v2 board couldn't handle? Thanks for your help.

well- if you had a RGB it would add a ton of features- without a RGB led though....... not so much.

Thanks for your help. I was able to get the board replaced, but I could not keep the power extender wiring the same from the NBv2 to the NBv4 version. I did remove the power extender, and wired it up straight to the FOC L2- and everything came up perfectly.

Again, thanks for your help.