Thread: Kylo Ren BS, Battery Pack Schematic

Default Kylo Ren BS, Battery Pack Schematic

Hi All,

New to the forums but not new to electronics.

With that said, I committed a cardinal sin by not taking photos of the wiring.

Specifically, I am looking for someone that still has the OEM battery pack/speaker holder for the Kylo Ren Black Series lightSaber.

I need the top three screws removed and a picture of the wiring. Whatever wiring Hasbro used is beyond small and brittle and lost the red wires connection.

Shameem's thread may have what you're looking for. He has pictures of the board and wires in there. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rsion-Tutorial

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that. I scoured that thread and he has the wiring for the board but not the battery pack portion which is what I am looking for.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey Figgie,

I haven't opened up a KR battery pack, but I believe they all have a 3 pin connection to the board.

One of the connections is battery and speaker positive (red).

One connection is speaker negative (brown on anakin MR).

And the last pin is for battery negative(black). The batteries are connected in series to add up to 4.5 volts.

I believe you can change out the battery to a 3.7 liion but I am not certain yet. I am attempting to add more LED's with some transistors.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Last edited by Whosle; 09-20-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Whole,

Thanks for the information.

I ended up opening my wife's Anakin/Luke/Rey's lightsaber and got some pictures which helped...

So in the interest of transparency...here are the pictures!20171001_173354.jpg

The red wire connects to the Vcc side in the middle.

That makes some sense.

Hmm I assumed the batteries were in series, they might be in parallel. If the yellow wires go from the button top of one battery to the flat bottom of another, they are in series.

The brown is definatly speaker negative (from the sound board). And black is gnd or negative (from the board). Red is vcc or Positive(from the sound board). Speaker postive connects to VCC/ red wire.

Don't get to worried about the little PCB in there its just for securing the wires, and has no other functions.
    Last edited by Whosle; 10-03-2017 at 08:30 AM.