Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedi Scoundrel?

Blog Entries

Thanks guys.

Made a little progress with the holster belt and some belt pouches. Working with leather is kind of fun.

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

That looks like saddle stitching on that buttoned holster you made? I thought you made sabers, now you're sewing leather too! Nice costume idea, except I'm partial to the opposition force wielders

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    That looks like saddle stitching on that buttoned holster you made? I thought you made sabers, now you're sewing leather too! Nice costume idea, except I'm partial to the opposition force wielders

Tom
    I know, this costume goes against my forum namesake. But I love the look of Han and Luke's costumes at the Yavin Ceremony.

Yep, saddle stitching. Thank goodness for Youtube

This one is even better.

Blog Entries

Maybe one more of the small pouches and then on to the hardware. AFter that I'll get on the actual holster part.

Blog Entries

So I decided on a blaster. Since I cant have replicas shipped to me I went ahead with a found parts concept. I'll probably turn some grooves or something on the aluminum muzzle and of course add some more greebles.

Still deciding if the scope should be in the forward position or further back. Leaning toward further back.

Planning on electronics in this? You could pull it off on the cheap with a DFplayer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Planning on electronics in this? You could pull it off on the cheap with a DFplayer.
    I would love to but it's a CHEAP cap gun glued at the seams and I didn't think it would disassemble easily without breaking. Also a little too late as I've already applied the epoxy to build up the hammer and barrel areas.

Maybe on the next one.

I like scope in the back position. I am sure you will, but make sure you test it in your holster before you get permanent with the scope mounts. Looks like it might cause some fitment issues -- especially further forward. Or at least make it difficult to make a snug holster for it. The DL-44 didn't have any mounting brackets in front of the trigger.

Looking forward to seeing that come together -- it looks like it will fit in very well in the Star Wars universe when finished.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    I like scope in the back position. I am sure you will, but make sure you test it in your holster before you get permanent with the scope mounts. Looks like it might cause some fitment issues -- especially further forward. Or at least make it difficult to make a snug holster for it. The DL-44 didn't have any mounting brackets in front of the trigger.

Looking forward to seeing that come together -- it looks like it will fit in very well in the Star Wars universe when finished.
    I definitely thought about that. I was thinking of doing something like below. That model has a bracket pretty far forward. I figure the strap and maybe wet forming to shape will help keep it snug.

P1030300.JPG

Blog Entries

Semi assembled, painted and weathered. Still need to get the copper blackened and add some screws and greebles. I may redo the handle too. I think I went a little too overboard with the rub n buff on those.