Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a Sound Board

Default Choosing a Sound Board

Hey all, I'm doing some shopping for my next saber and I'm getting lost in all the details, so I'm reaching out for some advice.
    Primarily, I want to be able to change colors with a RGB LED, as well as shimmer and FoC.
    Sound wise, I'd like it to have a solid sound, but I don't see me taking the time to mix and upload my own sounds.

I'm thinking the Pico Crumble, or the Petit Crouton +ColorExtender, but I'm wondering if the added cost is worth it. Any other options out there? What do you folks recommend? It sounds like the Crumble will do what I'm looking for, but it's So much cheaper I'm afraid there's a catch.

Thanks!

Bonus question, what's the difference between the Cree and Luxeon LEDs? In layman's terms, which is brighter? :P

Welcome. The pico gives you six colours from an RGB, has only one sound font and is not configurable. The Nano v4 can support RGB colour changing (with a PEX) and can be configured via a P.C. either by removing the micro sd card or with R.I.C.E. The same for the Prizm, Petit Crouton and Crystal Focus although these three have many more features than the first two. Auxiliary functions for blaster blocks, sequencing accent LEDs, more sound banks etc. Plecterlab boards are quality products and you get what you pay for.
    Crees are generally considered superior.

Last edited by Greenie; 08-30-2017 at 02:30 PM.

NBv4 isn't RICE compatible unless somethings changed recently

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    NBv4 isn't RICE compatible unless somethings changed recently
    My error. Badly edited reply

Do you need auxiliary functions? If yes: Prizm 5.1

Do need R.I.C.E. editing capability? If yes: Prizm 5.1

Do you want RGB, do not need auxiliary switch features and are willing to edit via the sound card? If yes: Nano v4 with PEX (but in all seriousness just get the Prizm)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    My error. Badly edited reply
    No worries. Was kinna hoping you'd point out how wrong g I was and how I could use a rice on my precious nbv4 saber. Lol

i thought he figured out a way to hack it and was gonna share

You guys are heros. Thanks for the replies.

sooooooo- what did you pick?

Crystal Focus?

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."