Thread: Dumb question about 1" to 3/4" Adaptor

Default Dumb question about 1" to 3/4" Adaptor

I have a 3/4" polycarbonate rod that I've been using for years with an old hilt as a boken. I'm thinking I may give it to my cousin as a day blade to use with his Qui-gon saber. But the Master Q blade holder is 1". So clearly, I need a reducer / adaptor, right?

But, uh... should I put a retention screw in the adaptor to hold the blade in it, and then also the emitter to hold the adaptor in it?

I have no experience with it, but if you are using it for a high contact I would probably use a piece or 1x3/4 aluminum I could put a couple set screws in and have great confidence in holding the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    if you are using it for a high contact(...).
    Nah. This is my low-energy cousin we're discussing. He'll use it for modeling for pictures with cute girls at conventions.

If you ever want to get the adapter off, a drilling and tapping a set screw is probably the way to go. If the adapter can just sit on it forever, you can glue it in.

If you drill a hole in the adapter for a longer set screw, you only need to have the one screw. Just line up the holes correctly, insert the 3/4" rod, tighten the screw, and you're done.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.