Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LED STRIP acquisition options

Quote Originally Posted by Whosle View Post
    I don't know how you managed to stuff it into a 7/8" tube. I am using thick walled 1 inch.
    I seem to remember reading that the ID is the same for 7/8" thin wall and 1" thick wall.

i got my strips today- woot woot..... these things are tiny.... wow.... a lot smaller "in person". The seem to fit np in a thin walled. Thick walled with the ip67 (thicker waterproof sheath) seemed a little snug- so with some diffusion i could see that being an issue.... Now i need to get some boards- and get this lit. Definitely need some diffusion though- otherwise i think these will look weird.......

Cut the waterproofing off, you don't need it

Neopixels look cooler underwater after all. I finished my traditional in-hilt LED 26650 battery Kylo Saber tonight. That was the test bed for my neopixel build. It can be done. Man that 26650 battery eats up a lot of space. This hilt was already pretty tight, now its ridiculous. You can't fit the board over the battery anymore, so they have to be stacked. It was uber tight to engineer it so you could still get the micro sd card out. I did it though. It may not be pretty, but what I learned here will help me oodles when I build my neopixel Kylo. I'm super excited!

I have to build 3 graflexes first to fund my adventures. When they go, I'm in business on neopixels!!!!!!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Water filled LED String blades coming soon...... Patent Pending "LAVA-LED Blades".

Maybe I'm being thick and am sleep deprived but are you really keeping the waterproofing on? That's got to make the shadowing worse.

The runtime on a 18650 3200mah is giving me about 35-40min before speaker crackling and restarts. For someone that basically role plays in my basement and fights stuffed animals it's not an issue. I can see for trooping and conventions the runtime being an issue. If you can fit one of those 5200mah 26650s in your hilt you'll be better off.

i bought a "bare" version, an IP65 (thin silicone coating) version, and an IP67 (waterproof sheath) version to experiment with to see what worked best....Plus the one with the sheath can be used in my "LAVA-LED Blade" Patent pending. Brought to you by Carl's Jr.