Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LED STRIP acquisition options

Well- i found these- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...07QG3EC6&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...07QG3EC6&psc=1

I think I'm gonna pick them up and see how they work unless anyone has another suggestion......?

sa22c- just saw your link....... how did you like those? Did you put them in thin or thick walled tubes?

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    sa22c- just saw your link....... how did you like those? Did you put them in thin or thick walled tubes?
    They were easy to work with and solder, but not so easy to diffuse. I'm using 7/8 thin-walled blades. The strips themselves seem pretty high quality. I've bent and crimped them trying to get the wrapped stripes into the blade tube and I haven't broken a solder joint yet and I've spliced the strip a couple times without much difficulty.

Power draw is huge for these strips though, I've got a Solo's hold battery that I thought would sustain these strips but I'm getting mad feedback on the speaker when the strip is plugged in, so the battery must not be able to handle the current draw.

Is it a 10a battery? I used the TCSS 10a high drain and it works great when the battery is charged. After 30-40min I get speaker buzz and restarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsweats View Post
    Is it a 10a battery? I used the TCSS 10a high drain and it works great when the battery is charged. After 30-40min I get speaker buzz and restarts.
    It's the Solo's Hold 10A but I know it's gotten really hot (I had a misadventure with some crossed wires and a TIP42 transistor on an econoboard before I got the NB v4) so I'm guessing it's not at its full capacity. I only get 5 minutes runtime before the buzz.

SA22c,

I acquired my LDPE from Industrial Paints and Plastics. They have a local shop. I don't know if it is the best solution out there.

if you are using white ,as in ,all colours on full power, you will have very short run time.

I don't know how you managed to stuff it into a 7/8" tube. I am using thick walled 1 inch.

You may have to sand both outside and inside of the tube. At 7/8" it shouldn't look too fat.

I'm sure that if you exercise some patience, the store will soon have all of the items you will need to make a DIY neopixel blade, since they were involved in the development.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I know some people were doing a 26650. Not sure if that fixes some of those battery drain issues. I'm going to grab a couple of the 18650 10amp bats from the store, but I'm also gonna look for a 26650 to play around with as well.