Thread: LED STRIP acquisition options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default LED STRIP acquisition options

So in the NB4 manual it says "We use strips of 144 pixels per meter with white PCBs to enhance the light reflection. They can easily be found online for around 13€ / $15 per meter"
    Anyone see these for $15 per meter somewhere? On the adafruit site they look like they are about $60 per meter (144) which i believe if I'm understanding - i would need 2- so thats $120 per blade. Are these what people are using...... that would make for pretty pricy blades.......

I used the Adafruit skinnies for my build and they work well. But yes, they are expensive. The best cheap option I've found is the Alitove 144/m on Amazon for $22. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm planning on it soon. The reviews seems pretty good.

I'm just about to embark on building a blade using the cheapest 144 led/m strips I could find on eBay. They were only ~$20 CAD/strip (standard 10mm with waterproof rubber tube)

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm pretty pumped.

I purchased some online, from alitove and another.

The alitove one had some bunged up neopixels that I had to fix.

I have others I haven't tested yet. You can also get them on wish.com.

Thanks, I'll check out these other things..... after I posted I found some on amazon for about 18 dollars..... anyone get them off there? Prime does have its advantages!

Update: I've built my strip, soldered my connectors and it works great! Next I've got to get the blade diffused enough so I'm happy with the look. It's been a challenge thus far with a thin trans-white 7/8 blade but I'll post some of my tests later today.