Thread: Custom kill key question

Default Custom kill key question

I'm needing longer kill keys then what are offered in the store. I like #5 but it's too short for my build. Style 6 would be long enough and I can cut it to length, but I'd like the head from #5. Anyone have any idea on how to solve my problem? I'm not sure cutting off the head off #5 and drill it out and gluing in the plastic kill key #6 is the best idea. I'm just wondering about any ideas that may have worked or thoughts from others.

If you go to your local big box and check out the parts drawers you will find nylon spacers that work well. I don't know the correct size off hand, but they are cheap and they work. I had a port that didn't work quite perfectly, a band of electrical tape fixed that.

Blog Entries

While I've never done it the way you described, I believe it could work if done right.

As JB said, nylon spacers from the hardware store can work. I've done it with a spacer and thumbscrew. I did have to turn down the spacer on the lathe. I've also made one with a 3mm led bezel and styrene rod center drilled.

IMG_2411.jpg
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks guys, good advice I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the image D.C. I have some screws like that I might try something like that.
    Last edited by Jediseth; 08-19-2017 at 08:55 AM.

I used part of a ball-point pen.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    I used part of a ball-point pen.
    And that's exactly what I ended up using. I figured it out yesterday after a few failed attempts with spacers from the hardware store. The cool thing was I found an 8-32 screw threads in perfectly too. Thanks Guys!

Last edited by Jediseth; 08-22-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    And that's exactly what I ended up using. I figured it out yesterday after a few failed attempts with spacers from the hardware store. The cool thing was I found an 8-32 screw threads in perfectly too. Thanks Guys!
    Nice job!
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks D.C. Looking at your image you provided got my wheels turning. I saw a video of one of Genesis custom sabers "Revan Last" I think it was with a red spacer on his kill key and realized it looked like the red plastic off the inside of my pen. Lightbulb when on.