Thread: Pico Crumble wiring issue_Sound but NO light?

Default Pico Crumble wiring issue_Sound but NO light?

HI Everyone,

A buddy of mine is working on my Saber. He got it all wired up, the problem is that I press the button and I get sound and no light from the LED, unless i hold down the button.

I picked up a standard monetary switch, as the sound board requires a monetary. I am using a RGB Tri Cree with a Pico Crumble, And it looks like everything is wired according to spec.

Im just going to say for the guys here to accurately help you out with this. Post a picture of the wiring diagram and a picture itself of the wiring on the saber (to the best you can get of it).
    (They're going to say the same thing probably, so im just trying to help help you out by trying to save some time and hassle )

I could be wrong, but I believe the positive red wires from your LEDs should go to the positive of the battery, not to the same spot as the switch. Hence why the LEDs only come on when you hold the switch down, the switch is closing the circuit for the LEDs when its held, but also sending an "on" and "off" signal to the sound board.
    Heres the diagram from the crumbles manual so you can hopefully see what Im trying to point to. (the purple wire with the switch is just the switch, and the red goes from battery to board but the LEDs connect there as well)
    helping2.JPG

It works!!!

Had some wiring issues with the switch. Works perfect now. The addition of the charge port threw my buddy off. Thanks everyone.