Thread: Youngling Discord

Default Youngling Discord

A few months back my daughter asked me for a pink lightsaber after I finished my TFA Graflex build. So I figured I'd use this opportunity to make a pvc saber for her. Something that wasn't too crazy cost wise. I like the thought of giving sabers stories so for the crystal chamber I decided to go with the red dark side crystal being focused through a blue light side crystal, thus giving the pink blade color. The saber is for a youngling who is strong in the force, but torn inside. My daughter is about to be 6 and she is a pain in the ass sometimes. the actual design of the saber isn't too complex, based off of a Graflex. However, upon completion and testing, I realized the design is flawed. I broke the original blade holder because it's really not being supported by the hilt. So I had my friend print up a new blade holder made of some rubber filament, it's basically a car tire. Now it's not going to break or snap or crack. Added a few more set screws in the front of the hilt for support. The only other issue I ran into was not compensating for paint adding thickness... lots of sanding Every saber project is a learning experience, this one especially. I had a lot of fun with this and my daughter loves it!!!

The hilt is pvc
    The grips are the extra grips from my graflex 2.0 kit
    NBv3 board
    R,B,W Tri Cree
    3.7 li ion
    3D printed blade holder
    Custom laser cut acrylic discs
    Crystal chamber reveal slide door made from extra pvc pieces

Drill slipped while drilling the set screw hole in the blade holder, so that's off

Original blade holder that snapped at the base

Completed Saber

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SPACEMONKEY1; 08-11-2017 at 06:45 AM.

That is a very nice looking pvc saber. Very nice chassis set up there too.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Love that chassis.

Gnifti!

And way to inspire the next generation of geeks!

Very nice hilt. The youngling should be pleased.
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"

Nice. Didn't think you could have high powered internals for pvc though. I know things have changed in the past years though so, technology wise and stuff. Looks cool though =]
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

Thanks everyone!! Now on to the next project, my Luke Hero Saber.