Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pico Crumble doesn't wake up after deep sleep

Thanks for the info Kevin.

I'd say I'm probably using it about 30-45 minutes then it's going into deep sleep, and the last time it happened about 2 weeks later I went to fire it up and it never came on. Swapped the battery out and it was roughly the same lifespan. Checking on the documentation and going into the menu, it's definitely going into deep sleep (I'm also getting the "wake up" sound when I fire it up the next day). I'm using a RGB Cree XP-e2 with it if that makes any big difference.

Interesting to know Silver... I don't know which version I have. When did the 2.0's come out? I bought my parts back in early 2017, but it doesn't indicate if it's a v1 or v2.

This is kind of why I was thinking the logical next step for me was to install a recharge port. If I'm going to end up swapping batteries every couple of weeks it seems like a lot better quality of life to just plug it in before I go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by jdubzw View Post
    This is kind of why I was thinking the logical next step for me was to install a recharge port. If I'm going to end up swapping batteries every couple of weeks it seems like a lot better quality of life to just plug it in before I go to work.
    I never charge any of my batteries/sabers unattended.
    Yes, in theory, with protected batteries and the TCSS smart charger, everything should be fine, but with li-ion I’m not taking any chances.

Just an update on this, I think it was actually the charger that was the problem.

Once I got the recharge port put in, I plugged in the charger and it took a good 6 hours to fully charge the better. The original charger NEVER took that long before it went green. The LEDs are noticeably brighter also. My thought is that the batteries were never getting fully charged in the first place, so I may have just been putting in batteries half charged or less. Since making the conversion I haven't had any of the sleep/wake problems.

Glad to hear it is working now!

There are a LOT of things to test when you have an issue, you just hope the things that are supposed to work (the charger) isn’t the problem!

I have found that the battery holder is at fault sometimes. I have had to add a dab of solder on the + end of the battery to make contact with the terminal. Once that was done it worked like a charm. I use EBL protected 18650 3000 mAh Li-ion batteries. I think they may be slightly shorter that some of the others. Anyway...... that was a long winded way to say check your voltage at the terminal on each end of the battery holder with the battery in place....