Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kylo Ren Force FX re-do with solid aluminum tube chassis.

Hi Tom,

Great customization!

by a remote chance, do you have the OEM battery pack/speaker? Looking for the a picture of the top (after you remove the three screws and lift the top off) if you still have that.

I do not, I tossed all that on original conversion. Sorry, but the advice to me was to toss that stuff. I don't think I took any pictures, but I'll look to see. Shameem's thread on disassembly used to have photos of all that, but I think it fell victim to the photobucket debacle.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Done! Its working! Ha. The machining of the chassis isn't perfect, but nobody will know but me. It functions as I envisioned, and now I have a solution for neopixel! I'm so excited!

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 09-12-2017 at 06:48 AM. Reason: fixed video link

the great photo bucket war of 2017

I will try to post some photos of the finished saber opened up this weekend. I have an Imgur account. I know that my gopro video quality isn't that great, but hoped to show the overall concept, and that it did work.

Tom

This project with the homemade chassis was the precursor to what I did to the saber in this video. It went from 18650 S2 in-hilt led conversion to 26650 in-hilt, and the 3rd and final iteration for this BS was converting it to neopixel with TeensySaberV3. THis saber was made while Thexter was developing the smoothswing algrorithm, and you can see this saber demonstrating some of the earliest versions of smoothswing fonts (31:33), without accent swings. This saber is kind of a piece of history for Open Source, Smoothswing, and Neopixel. This was done in February of 2018, and I actually trooped with this saber until this last year when I finally installed my KRORssguard with Proffieboard. This 26650 Kylo Conversion still runs awesome, but the BS saber is just so heavy, and not as nice as the KROR. I probably should sell it, but I think it has personal value. Here was the last iteration of the BS that I never published here at TCSS:

Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 07-20-2023 at 06:47 AM.