Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grey Cognisant - An Etched Dark Jedi Weapon

Default Grey Cognisant - An Etched Dark Jedi Weapon

Hiya everyone! Have you ever had a build go spectacularly wrong before? Indeed, that is what this monstrosity is. While constructing this, I've never burnt through so many components so fast- in a matter of fact- this saber is entirely made from salvageable scrap parts I had laying around.

Initially made to hold a Crystal focus- a series of extremely unfortunate events led to the destruction of the CF8 board, as well as a shroud I had worked on with upwards of 50 hours. After said terrible events that should not be mentioned, all I had left was an emitter, grip, pommel, and a piece of 12" shroud material and scrap sheet metal.

SO.

I redesigned a new shroud to fit over my left over parts, found an old 5" segment/gear in my spares, and got my etching tools and supplies out............ and bought an LED....... and new wiring ect..... aaaaand brought a nano V4, downgrading from the CF8 for financial reasons. (Although the NanoV4 is amazing. It's an absolutely fantastic board). [I suppose that looking back... a sith-like weapon is made with suffering hahaha] But enough of my carrying on and crying about that stuff.

Acid Etched shroud(s)
    Acid medium battle weathering
    3.7V Li-ion
    Tri RRW cree coppernova
    Tactile Switch
    Recharge port hidden in pommel
    Bass Speaker
    Covertec clip
    Nano V4 soundboard
    32" Transwhite blade
    Parts of an old lamp i scavenged
    Sweat
    Tears

This saber was designed to be a grey jedi saber (although it kinda evolved into a sith saber) with a shroud that looked like stone with metal pounded into it- worn and damaged from battles and traveling, but still cared for. So, this is the result!

Sorry if the pictures are a bit big. With all the stuff that went into this, it is *quite* the franken-saber!

The etching was done with a copper sulfate method (rootkill), and the weathering was done with a separate acid solution, as buying quantities for rootkill method can be expensive. I ended up on a budget too haha.
    The resist I used was a mixture of transfer paper and hand painting with enamel.

Can't wait to wear this to EP 8.

Thanks for taking a look!
    - Cheers!

Sick. If it was me I wouldn't even wear it anywhere :P Looks way too nice. Glad you decided to go full Sith with this one actually. I can even see it as a Sith saber
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

Looks good! And now, at cons, you can ask people, "Want to see my etchings?"

Nice etching.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

The etching is fantastic. This looks great for something from the parts bin. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Quote Originally Posted by ZrenTobas87 View Post
    Sick. If it was me I wouldn't even wear it anywhere :P Looks way too nice. Glad you decided to go full Sith with this one actually. I can even see it as a Sith saber
    Hahaha, dualing and playing around with it *is* a little scary- but hey, i just can't not do it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Looks good! And now, at cons, you can ask people, "Want to see my etchings?"
    Hahaha! I didn't even think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Nice etching.
    Always nice to hear from ya! Haven't seen much from you lately!

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    The etching is fantastic. This looks great for something from the parts bin. I can't wait to see what you do next.
    Thanks for the kind words!

Out of adversity comes beauty. Glad you stuck at it. Nice work dude!

Greenie

That is some beautiful etching!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Out of adversity comes beauty. Glad you stuck at it. Nice work dude!

Greenie
    Thanks Greenie! When do we get to see the next awesome thing you cook up??

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    That is some beautiful etching!
    Thank you kind sir