Thread: Trouble with NBv4 not booting acting like battery is dead.

Default Trouble with NBv4 not booting acting like battery is dead.

So running into a huge problem so my saber is still being assembled I have NBv4 with a recharge port and rechargable battery I got it to the stage where the recharge port is wired up and the speaker is wired up and so I decided to go ahead and charge it to see if it would work so I charged it over night and it didn't boot up when I unplugged it no sound no nothing checked to see if I had any wires connected in the wrong place none appeared to be. I have no idea what's going on will take any help.

Did you put the SD card in the saber?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yeah I did still nothing I can't tell if it's a short or if it's not getting power.

Photos of your wiring will help.

A multimeter would be a good investment at this point. It could simply be a broken joint somewhere along the circuit.

Yeah turns out the charging port broke or something caused it to not send power to the board.

If that clip breaks inside of there, it can permanently cutoff the powerline to board. You can usually tell if this has happened during the installation by plugging in a kill key. If you don't get the solid click when you plug the kill key in, you have broken the nub. I had this happen as well. Glad you got it figured out. Have you fixed it to fire up yet? If not, I hope you get that done soon, and all else is well so you can wield your weapon!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."