Thread: Pico crumble speaker issue

Default Pico crumble speaker issue

Hi guys. I posted this on a thread where I was asking for tips on how to wire up a pico crumble sound board, but I've encountered an issue and I thought that it might help if this had its own thread. I ended up getting my dad to do a lot of the board work for me because he was an electrician. He did the works, testing with multimeters, calculating resistors, you name it.

However, when I switch on the board I get everything but the sound going. The flash on clash works, the colour changing works, the av switch accent light works when it's supposed to. But no sound.

I've tested the speaker with my phone and that's not the problem, I'm totally stumped. My joins are all clean, is there any way of checking whether I've just got a dud card?

Extra info:

when the board isn't being powered, there's no resistance between the two speaker pads. When the battery is in the holder, but the board hasn't been powered up, there's a moment of resistance before it returns to zero. When the momentary switch has been clicked once, but the blade is off (i.e standby mode, there is a moment of high resistance before steady low resistance between the pads, which remains as the blade is powered on and off. When the battery is removed, the resistance between the pads is again zero.

All plecter boards are individually tested. Could it be the MOTG function?

From what I remember of the mute on the go, it was activated on a long press, and deactivated as soon as the blade was powered down. So a regular short press to turn it back on should have set the sound going again.