Thread: Deep Red + Royal Blue or red + Royal blue for the best purple

Default Deep Red + Royal Blue or red + Royal blue for the best purple

Hi everyone. Reaching out for some advice on how to get the best looking purple from a tri-cree and a prizm v5.0. I'm looking for a nice deep purple, so I considered DR/RB/GRN. I'd like to hear some opinions on going:
    A. Dr/RB/GRN
    B. R/RB/GRN
    C. Dr/B/GRN

I'll be placing the order tonight. Thanks in advance.

Red/Royal Blue/Green - and then do a good job at mixing the red and blue.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Red/Royal Blue/Green - and then do a good job at mixing the red and blue.
    Thanks FJK! I appreciate it. When you say "do a good job at mixing the red and blue" do you have any baseline settings you'd be willing to share?

Thanks again

Remember that both deep red and royal blue use some of their energy in non-visible wavelengths of light, so they won't be as bright as red / blue.

Do the math for your resistors, and then use RICE to tweak the color mix until you get the purple you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Remember that both deep red and royal blue use some of their energy in non-visible wavelengths of light, so they won't be as bright as red / blue.
    Red and Royal Blue are the "standard" for "RGB mixing" because the normal Blue generally has a shade of Green in it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I personally like Deep Red for purples, just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    Do the math for your resistors, and then use RICE to tweak the color mix until you get the purple you want.
    Thanks Jenny and rlobrect.

Quote Originally Posted by lovetadraw View Post
    I personally like Deep Red for purples, just my 2 cents.
    Thanks lovetadraw. Would you mind sharing some photos of what your deep red purples look like?