Thread: Wiring illuminated switch for Prizm v5.1

Default Wiring illuminated switch for Prizm v5.1

Hello all,

I have a specific question, so I hope that someone will be able to provide some help.

This is my second saber build, and the first time using an illuminated switch; I'm using a Tri-Cree RGRb as my main LED. I want to wire the switch LED to the Prizm v5 soundboard, but I fear that wiring to one of the main LED pads will affect the brightness of the switch LED as I change color profiles (the soundboard alters the current driving each LED separately, via software).

Also, the the Prizm v5's documentation isn't clear about the accent LED pads, and what kind of behavior they create in the connected LED.
    Last edited by IdleSpoon; 07-25-2017 at 12:36 PM.

There's other ways to wire up the switch led besides using the accent led pads. You could wire it to the 3.3v pad as shown on page 46 of the manual, or to the deep sleep pad as shown on page 47. Page 49 explains how to use the sequencer for the accent led pads if you would rather have it blinking in pattern with any other leds you might have, and if you'd want it to be flashing when the saber is idle.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I appreciate your response, Jay. Practically, I'd just like the LED to be lit when the saber is on, and to be completely off when the activation switch is pressed. I have a feeling that we'll need to get creative with how to do this; on something like a NBv3-4, you could just connect it in-line with the blade LED's, which would cause the switch LED to turn off whenever the blade is off. I don't think that could be the same case here.

The idea I like most is on page 49, like you said -- it would just need to be programmed inherently to have the switch LED (e.g. LED 1) have the value of 1 (on) for all times when the saber is on. Only problem I see is extra processing time/battery wasted. I think that should work. Appreciate your help!