Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 custom Prizm sabers, his and hers!

I use a Cricut machine for the same purpose as the Silhouette. It works great, and the software lets you upload any image to be cut. I did find out after we bought the Cricut that Silhouette can cut out Pepakura patterns and Cricut can't. That might be a deciding factor if you get into paper+fiberglass armour making.

Ah sorry. I was referring to acid etching. Never considered using a laser before. But now I have to research it lol.
    The Silhouette works great for what we do with sabers. They have a larger unit, but the Portrait can cut more than large enough for our purposes. I didn't like the vinyl that came in the pack, too wibbly.

Great work. The etching in particular is amazing!
    On the keybold D-ring, I assume you drilled new mounting holes and then covered up the old ones with the card, right? Just making sure as I was planning on doing the very same thing (card and all) to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    Great work. The etching in particular is amazing!
    On the keybold D-ring, I assume you drilled new mounting holes and then covered up the old ones with the card, right? Just making sure as I was planning on doing the very same thing (card and all) to mine.
    Yes exactly that.

Beautifully done. Love the theme, love the etching, love the 'mirror' paint jobs. I'm sure they are the envy of all their geek and non-geek friends now, lol.

Btw, I've always used flickr for my photo hosting, never had an issue with them.