Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Perfect Fit for Removable NeoPixel Blade

Did you find 10 pin plugs in the US? It seems very occasional that they'll show up on ebay. I've got a decent stock of 10 pins now, but I've decided to standardize to 9 pin for better availability.

Blog Entries

I got them on eBay. I'm in the U.S. I don't re,ember where they came from, but they arrived quickly.

Blog Entries

The seller was mdflyelectronics.

Blog Entries

Do you just solder the wire to the pins? How do you make the connections? Forgive all the questions, but how do you connect the recharge port? Using a kill switch takes the board out of the circuit, right? So how do you wire the aviation plug to charge the battery without leaving the board in the loop, so to speak? Or does it matter? Thanks in advance? I have a lot to learn.

This is the diagram I've been using for my sabers/kits:
    http://jbkuma.com/workshoppe/wp-cont...inStandard.png
    Ideally the Bat+ would be doubled up since the pins are rated at 6A, but I haven't had a problem and they don't seem to get hot or anything. On that note, your power wiring should probably be at least 26awg. Lower gauge can get hot at the current requirements for a pixel strip blade.

For the 10 pin connectors I wired the pins as LS1, LS2, LS3, LS4-6 since I've been developing using the DIYino Prime.

Blog Entries

Cool. Thanks!

Also, in case it isn't obvious.. the idea is that the blade is an activation key, rather than needing a kill key.
    I've played with some prototypes using a latching switch in a blade plug. I'm not sure I posted anything about that build here since it was a full custom for electronics protyping, but here's some shots of that:

Very cool, awesome info guys!

I'm working on a Luke ROTJ thin neck saber and will be giving one of these 10 pin plugs a try for the string blade. Thank you for the valuable information! I was scratching my head trying to find a suitable plug, hopefully this will do the trick.