Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darth Mom's Saber

Default Darth Mom's Saber

I made my first saber! It's a little 8" single-hand stunt saber with the MHS Style 3 Choke inspired by Jenny's Sorrow lightsaber. The blade itself is around 30" and I've got 10 inches of blade that was chopped off that I need to get a tip for so I can swap the blade out to fit my youngest as necessary.
    IMG_20170714_145619.jpgIMG_20170714_153921.jpg

The padawans completely flipped out with excitement and I was promptly asked if I was going to be Darth Mom....
    IMG_20170714_145810.jpg

So... yes. Yes I am.
    DarthMom.jpg

I like it. That last bit is right to the point, too
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"

awesome saber, awesome build, awesome mom! lets see the guts!!!!!!

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Schweet! I'm quite taken with it. Where did you end up putting the switch?

I like the design. Nice and sleek yet deadly looking at the same time :P I need to do me a couple new builds already
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

Quote Originally Posted by Legume View Post
    Heh. I just realized... you're a quilter!

The switch is in the pommel (Style 1 for the guarded switch) and there's actually enough room in there that I could have used the V3 heat sink instead of the flat V4 if I'd known I'd have the space.
    I'm a costumer, actually! Quilting is not my forte but the big ruler is really useful in clothing construction too. I'm working on drafting Brienne's pink bear-mauling dress from Game of Thrones at the moment then I've got the kids Halloween costumes to start next week. My eldest is going to be a padawan and my youngest Princess Leia. I'm obviously going Sith, and hubs hasn't decided yet.

Guts:

Super basic with a Guarded switch, 1.2ohm 3w resistor (probably? I ordered a few and had to try to decipher the marking lines to figure out which was which), the Cree Star led Module (v4 heatsink), and the 18650 3.7v battery.

IMG_20170714_144030.jpg

I might go in and shorten the blue and white wires still. They fit inside because I did have that bit of extra space but they're longer than necessary.
    Last edited by Legume; 07-16-2017 at 02:24 PM.

It's a shame you don't live closer... I think you and I could be friends.

Nice and clean. I like it.

Looks awesome Legume (a.k.a. Darth Mom)! I don't think the kids and I could talk my wife into that moniker.

I was playing around with a similar design myself, but using blade holder style 6 and a larger extention so I can try to add sound, but seeing yours together as a stunt it looks really sharp.

SaberBuilder_render 10.jpg