Thread: Purple blade with biscotte v4 tri Cree led

Default Purple blade with biscotte v4 tri Cree led

Hello all,

I am putting together my first build list for my light saber. Since it is my first saber and I plan on doing a lot of mid-heavy dueling and for show. I want a dark purple blade so far I have a nano biscotte v4 Red/Green/Royal Blue Cree XP-E2 CopperNova,12mm Anti Vandal Momentary Purple Ring Switch,
    Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 10A 3200mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery, i will also be using a recharge port.

1) how do I set the colors to get a purple color?
    2) do I need a BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire or do I use resistor?
    3) if a resistor what ones and how many?

Thank you for your help!!

The custom saber shop has a very good tutorial on how to mix colors on YouTube in all honesty just grab a bunch of resisters and start playing with the color mixes till you get what you are looking for

I saw the CSS you tube on the resistor already. It just addressed the resistor not the buckpuck. I also want to be able to have the purple as one sound font and say solid green as the other sound font how do I wire it up so that I can switch between the 2 sets.

You will not need a buck puck with a soundboard. With the use of the power xtender you can have RGB on pads L1, L2 and L3 and set parameters in the config files to mix colours as required. The NB v4 has three fonts so you could set one as purple, one as green and one as another.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    You will not need a buck puck with a soundboard. With the use of the power xtender you can have RGB on pads L1, L2 and L3 and set parameters in the config files to mix colours as required. The NB v4 has three fonts so you could set one as purple, one as green and one as another.
    This exactly. Use a PEX and resistor each LED as appropriate. In the configuration file for each font then adjust the parameters of your main blade and FOC colors. Erv includes a table with good starting points for the basic colors. Start there and adjust as needed.