Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 7/8 inch Neopixel Blade Diffusion

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    That has been my experience. The 7/8 blade will have less room than the 1" blades I'm used to using, but I think it will be OK. Another pixel blade builder I've been working with uses thick walled 1", so the ID is the same there. He uses transwhite blades, I have been using clear blades.
    that was my next question actually: Trans-white or clear?
    KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

I think with your 7/8 blade the white will help. Round tips will illuminate better than bullet tips, and of course you'll want to remove the mirror. I tried hollowing out a bullet tip, but didn't really get the result I was looking for. I've been experimenting with printing my own parabolic tips in clear PETG and I've had some good results. It's not pretty, but it illuminates well.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    I think with your 7/8 blade the white will help. Round tips will illuminate better than bullet tips, and of course you'll want to remove the mirror. I tried hollowing out a bullet tip, but didn't really get the result I was looking for. I've been experimenting with printing my own parabolic tips in clear PETG and I've had some good results. It's not pretty, but it illuminates well.
    Thats what I was thinking, especially seeing as the LED diffuser wont fit in the 7/8 blade. Good advice on tips! thanks for that! I'll post up a build log and such once I get going.
    KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

JBKuma, could you possibly link the gift wrap you use. I just finished my neopixel build, foam diffuser with the quad wrap diffuser film. I'm thinking of doing a tiny wrap around the led strip itself before putting inside the foam. The seam is very, very minor, but I'd like to clean it up without sanding the outside of the tube if I can. Thanks.