Thread: Need Help

Default Need Help

New on the building, roll your eyes and I will continue... Ok, I am trying to mix red and royal blue with a a tri cree to make purple and I have a white for FOC. I am using a nb V4 and a 3.7 lion battery, I have hooked up the wiring as it is shown in the manual with a power extender with the red on L1 the Blue on L2 and the white on L3 all as shown. The speaker is connected and the rest is as shown in the manual. My problem is only the red lights on power up, the blue is flashing on clash and the white only lights when powering down, also the sound is very weak, low. Really confused, I think it might be a switch problem or wiring, look at the V4 manual in the store and look at the wiring diagram for the FOC and that's what I did so maybe you have some advice for me. E3

Hello Echo3, welcome to the forums. I'm not up to speed on all the details of the NB 4 but if you're aiming for purple rather than colour mixing RGB, I would assume red and blue would share the L1 pad, white FOC on the L2 pad. L3 and the use of the pex is only if you're running all three dies at the same time.

I agree, if you're going after full purple, tie your red and blue wires together to L1 pad, and then run white to pad 2 for FOC. I have a NB4, but didn't run a power extender. I don't recall from directions if you have to tell the configurations settings that you're running power extender. To me, it sounds like your issues are in the config files. In other words, have you programmed the drive settings on all 3 pads? Typically, by default, pad 2 is flash on clash in configs. You need to go in and manually change those settings on the card. Drive 1 and 2: 1023. Drive 3: 1023 for FOC.

For instance, here are my settings running 2 pads:
    //Nano Biscotte 4.0
    drive=1023,250,0
    fdrive=1023,1023,0
    focmix=001
    resume=0
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    shmr%=0,50
    focd=200
    focp=10
    focr=10
    foc%=45,100
    qon=0
    qoff=0
    flks=3
    flkd=20
    pulsed=10
    pulsel=50
    lsfadeon=0
    lsfadeoff=0
    lightstick=0
    omnisabers=0

I think you need to change yours to something like:
    //Nano Biscotte 4.0
    drive=1023,1023,0
    fdrive=500,500,1023
    focmix=001
    resume=0
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    shmr%=0,0,50
    focd=200
    focp=10
    focr=10
    foc%=45,45,100
    qon=0
    qoff=0
    flks=3
    flkd=20
    pulsed=10
    pulsel=50
    lsfadeon=0
    lsfadeoff=0
    lightstick=0
    omnisabers=0

I'm no expert with Plecter settings, but the factory settings have pad 3 driven at 0, and blank for FOC. I think you have to add them in manually when adding the power extender, in each bank. NBV4 has 3 banks, so you need to edit the config file in each bank. That is my guess at your issue. I just went back and read the NBV4 manual, and it appears they copied and pasted the pertinent section from the NBV3 that could only run 2 pads. I'm still fairly confident the above will work, based on reading other Plecter manuals for their higher end boards. The only thing I'm not sure about is FDRIVE. I don't get that setting, and then the FOC% setting lower. I don't know if the FOC% over-rides that or not. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable with plecter can weigh in here.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 07-08-2017 at 04:29 AM.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."