Thread: Hello from North Texas! Excited to build my first DV Saber

Default Hello from North Texas! Excited to build my first DV Saber

My name is Robert and I have been doing research on Production/Licensed and Custom built sabers specifically for Darth Vader. I have joined several forums including the 501st Sith as I plan to have my ANH Vader approved for registration in August.

One of the items I knew I would have to spend time (and money) on was the saber. At comic book conventions here in TX, I have seen several of some of the popular sabersmiths like Ultrasabers and Parks along with some others. I spent some time comparing the different sabers each offer so I am happy to say I have narrowed it down to building my own with custom parts/kits found here and online.

I look forward to meeting others with the passion to create something (along with supporting creative talent in this space) awesome and I will stat my posts in the A to Z topic.

I've posted a pic of me and my son (as Luke) at a recent event. I am using a store bought Hasbro FX Black Vader saber that I plan to replace. Cheers!

File Jun 21, 9 37 13 AM.jpg
    Last edited by DarthVTX; 06-29-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Welcome to the party. Most of the traffic has been about the Graflex 2.0 kits, but I understand that the MPP kit is well put together.

Good luck.

Love the pic with your son.

Welcome to the group.
    Good luck on your approval once the saber is built
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"

Welcome!

There are quite a few saber enthusiast in Texas. I'm in Austin.

-Denzil

Welcome to TCSS. I am gathering parts now to build an MPP Vader. that will be my first costume component. It will take me years to build Vader, but figured I'd start with the saber.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."