Thread: Two accent LEDs on NBv3/4

Default Two accent LEDs on NBv3/4

Currently I have an illuminated switch on my saber but would like to add something like this as well. Is that possible with the NBv3/4?

I am no expert, but I am pretty sure you can wire them either in series, or parallel to accomplish that.
    The resisters would change though, depending on which method you used.
    https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/tex...llel-circuits/

Yes.

You can likely do it a couple different ways.

One is to have your second LED mirror the main blade (this is a common one for crystal chambers) but it will flicker with the blade.

I would think it is possible to run two off the aux LED pad, but I'd have to sit down and work out the math on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nurse View Post
    Yes.

You can likely do it a couple different ways.

One is to have your second LED mirror the main blade (this is a common one for crystal chambers) but it will flicker with the blade.

I would think it is possible to run two off the aux LED pad, but I'd have to sit down and work out the math on that.
    Wiring it with the blade would be cool! I usually follow this wiring guide the only difference being that the power indicator and the switch are one piece. Would I just connect the second LED to the positive and negative of the blade LED?
    Last edited by kingcobra5352; 06-29-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra5352 View Post
    Wiring it with the blade would be cool!Would I just connect the second LED to the positive and negative of the blade LED?
    Yes, but with its own resistor.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra5352 View Post
    Wiring it with the blade would be cool! I usually follow this wiring guide the only difference being that the power indicator and the switch are one piece. Would I just connect the second LED to the positive and negative of the blade LED?
    FYI, that wiring diagram has the negatives for the board and battery at the recharge port reversed. Wired like that, it will send the charge current through your soundboard when you recharge the battery.

Edit:
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 06-29-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.