Thread: MHS V1 vs V2 LED heatsink module

Default MHS V1 vs V2 LED heatsink module

Hi folks. Very new to this. Actually I'm just starting to plan a build which I'm hoping to fully custom build and machine.

I did have some questions about the LED modules found on the store. I'm seeing a module for the MHS V1 and a different one for the V2. What's the difference in the 2 modules exactly?

Also, would someone be able to tell me the outside diameter of the body of the LED modules at as the diameter of the lip at the bottom?

Finally, I don't have any experience in wiring LEDs and I've been trying to read up on them and I'm hoping someone can help me here again. I'm not planning on a soundboard for the moment, simply a red LED (not sure which on is the best) along with an illuminated switch and battery pack. What would I need for power, resistor and any advice and how to wire it all would be very much appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forums. MHS v2 has a smaller OD than MHS v1, the dimensions can be found on the relevant store page(s).
    Rebel and Cree LEDs are sold in the store, that latter is considered superior. Power is kinda up to you. You can use disposable batteries which may be convenient but costly over time. Rechargeable Li-ion are my personal preference. These can be installed in a holder and removable for charging or you can install a recharge port and use an 'in hilt' charger. The battery voltage and the forward voltage of your chosen led will determine resistor value. Alternatively, a buck puck can be used but requires 5v.
    Do some reading and research and definitely check out the TCSS videos from Madcow, they are invaluable and very informative.
    Good luck and MTFBWY

Greenie

Thanks for the info.

Although my what I'm trying to figure out at this point is the actual size of the LED modules. I can't seem to find anything at all on the store when it comes to diameter. I may just go the route of buy the parts and putting together my own LED module but these looked interesting. I just don't want to spend $25 to find out it doesn't fit what I'm doing lol

And if neither of them will work for whatever it is you're building, maybe one from this page will work: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Bl...n-MHS-C15.aspx

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.