Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: LED blade tips

The mirror back is made of a coating adhered to glass. Meaning you can scratch off some of the coating and let out some light into the tip and still have the tip lit up.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

I have a 1 inch out side diameter blade, and a 1 1/4 metal tube. How can I attach the blade so it won’t come out or wobble around? I saw Tim’s cool machined, blade/LED holder attach tube thing, but I don’t have much money or a job, (otherwise I would buy the part out of stock)[]. So I was wondering if any one knew of an alternative part maybe that I could find at a hardware store.
    (If this question has been discussed before, please tell me where to look for it, thanks [])

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by zack

I have a 1 inch out side diameter blade, and a 1 1/4 metal tube. How can I attach the blade so it won’t come out or wobble around? I saw Tim’s cool machined, blade/LED holder attach tube thing, but I don’t have much money or a job, (otherwise I would buy the part out of stock)[]. So I was wondering if any one knew of an alternative part maybe that I could find at a hardware store.
    (If this question has been discussed before, please tell me where to look for it, thanks [])

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The difference on either side is only an 1/8 so you might want to see if some PVC would fit the gap well. If it does that you work just fine.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

THANKS for the advice!!!
    I went and got the last 2 packages of Mirror disks by Darice at WalMart, and now my LUX saber holds its own against the stock Master Replica. It used to have that faint spot near the tip, but now it Rocks!!!

EXCELLENT ADVICE!!!

Ultra do your blades have tip bloom? Or the dim spot?

I really need to try to get suma dose mirrors. I live in the UK so I can't go to Wally's World but I did see some circular mirrors at this art store. I'll check their diameter this weekend. But I have yet to actually make an LED saber, And I doubt I would be able to remove or replace the tip, I'll prolly screw up the blade. But I'll worry about that later...

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

did you Check walmart online

Actually I went to The Art Store and found everything I might need except Mylar. Im good to go. But my first question stands.