Thread: Pico Crumble Sound Quality

Default Pico Crumble Sound Quality

I have an odd problem with my Pico Crumble soundcards matched with 2W 20mm speakers.

I have two PVC sabers I built that are identical. Each one has a Pico Crumble Light version sound card and each has a 2W 20mm speaker in it. The difference is, one of my sabers is distinctly louder than the other one. So much so that when you run both sabers side by side, the sound from one drowns out the sound from the other one. At first I thought it might be the speaker. I swapped the speaker out for another one I have on hand and the sound quality did get a little bit better, but still no where near the level of the other saber.

Has anyone else experienced this? Why is the sound quality so much more powerful from one soundcard + speaker setup than the other one? I would understand if I was using a 28mm vs a 20mm speaker, but they are both 20mm speakers I purchased from TCSS along with the soundcards.

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.
    Last edited by cpalmer23; 06-26-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Just brainstorming here, maybe one power supply is superior? Not sure if that would even affect volume. Swap the batteries and see?

Could be a possibility. I'm using a 18500 battery in each saber. I could try charging it all the way. And connecting another battery. Will give it a shot.

Another thought. Does the RICE interface for the Pico Crumble adjust sound volume? Or is it for LED color? Or both? I haven't touched the RICE interface on either soundcard.

The RICE app for Pico Crumble does not have an adjustment for volume.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.