Thread: New builder asking for some guidance.

Question New builder asking for some guidance.

Hello all!

I've started to gather materials to construct my saber, and I've got a question I hope you don't mind answering.

I'll start with the basics.

What I have so far for electronics: Arduino Pro Mini 3.3v, WT588D-16P sound board, swing and clash sensors, LED string blade 120-140 clear blue straw hat LED's 3v, 20mA.

I've been looking at a Li-Ion 3.7V 4200mAh battery to power everything. Possibly 2, depending on room in the hilt.

Question 1: The blade string will draw 2400-2800 mA, how should I control this? MOSFET? Or something else?

I'm sure I'll have other questions, but I'll start with this and see where I go from here.

Thanks!

Hey, Mr. Doggss.

I know how frustrating it can be to watch the view count on your post mount up, but no one responds. So I'm responding, and my response is: I have no idea. First of all, I haven't dealt with string blades, and secondly, I'm not much more than a protocol droid, and....

Er. Sorry. Wrong movie.

Anyway, welcome, and I hope you find the guidance you seek.

I'm not an expert on string blades but I would look around on threads with Obi_1 or profezzorn. They know their stuff.
    https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=39.0
    I'm sure somebody would be able to help if you post there.

Mrdogges,

I have been attempting an arduino build for some time. You will most likely need two 18650 batteries in series and a 5v regulator.

Jakesoft, JBkuma and protonerd are all very knowledgable on this subject. This forum isn't exactly the place for these questions.

The WT588d is a difficult little chip to get a handle on.

Thanks for the replies!

I'm good with the 2 18650's. I figured the length of my hilt, and it will be tight, but as long as I don't need any more large components, I'm good.

I actually have the WT588D figured out (once I got the programmer). Whosle, you mentioned Jakesoft. His video's are what I am basing my build on. Mostly the Mk II version. Maybe I can contact him and get some details.

Always open for suggestions!

Thanks all!