Thread: best sanding method(s)?

Default best sanding method(s)?

I have been looking for some tips on sanding but was wondering, has there been any kind of extensive test to blades sanded with different grits, inside, outside, both inside and out, etc to see what the best overall outcome is? If not, what have you guys seen that works best for you for both LED and string blades? I know sanding can make a huge difference so I'm surprised i havent seen more extensive testing done (from what I could find anyway)

I only recently tested out some sanding on the outside of my poly blade.

220 grit works pretty good, I'm not sure the blade film inside helps anymore.

Extensive testing on sanding the blades has been before, it was just so long ago that the posts regarding it have been buried. I usually sand the insides of clear blades using 360 grit, which leaves enough marks on the blade inner surface to create the illusion of a silodly lit blade, rather than the typical light beam-in-a-tube effect you'd have without sanding the blade.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

yea i know sanding the blade is pretty much essential for LED hilts, but I'm wondering if there was some kind of testing done someone could link to that shows which grit and what part to sand works best instead of me having to buy a bunch of blades and sand paper and potentially a lux meter to test with lol