Thread: Recharge port where?

Default Recharge port where?

Hello everyone,
    Apologies for a stupid question but I've never build a saber before. I understand all the wiring etc but I want to put a recharge port on the saber and don't know how to do this. I read through the Crystal Focus manual and it shows a recharge port at the center base of the pommel as an example, but I'm confused because isn't that where the speaker sits? I was thinking of putting it somewhere else but from the shop I don't see an option to have a hole drilled for a recharge port only for the AV switch. I'd like to have the recharge port at the bottom but I can't figure out how that will interfere with speaker placement.

So my question is how do I situate the recharge port so it is easily accessible after installation?

Thanks

The drill and tap service will let you get the recharge port placed in any part. Some pommel inserts (e.g. this one) are configured to have a recharge port attached. If you put it there, the speaker is generally mounted a little further back and wiring channels cut in the speaker holder to get to the recharge port.

I'll be using this in my next build, with a corresponding hole drilled in the body to make it accessible.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Thanks! I must have clicked everywhere but the "Other" section in services. It looks like they actually have a "Recharge port hole" service that is what I was looking for.