Thread: Charger light indication

Question Charger light indication

I'm using the store bought 3.7v Li-Ion smart charger for all my sabers. When I plug in to a power socket the light shows solid green, when I connect to the recharge port the light turns solid red, when it's charged it turns solid green. I know this is correct and it charges all three sabers just as it should.
    Right now, I have a 3.7v 3400mAh 18650 connected directly to a 2.1mm recharge port and when I connect the charger the light pulses between red and green.
    What does this indicate? Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas would be greatly received. Thanks.

Greenie

I haven't seen that with the stores smart charger, but I have a few other charges that show that behavior when something is wrong with the battery you are trying to charge.

Thanks for the reply riobrecht. That's my guess too. The multimeter is reading 3.79v, so I'll just have to hook up to a tri Cree, run it flat then see if charges.

Note: I didn't mean to post in the gallery. Guess I'm having trouble navigating.

Only time I ever had weird indicator lights like that was when one of my batteries got fubar. Better check the battery to see how long holds a charge. Mine went from holding for about 45 minutes to 5 seconds.