Thread: CF8 LED + RICE Problem

Default CF8 LED + RICE Problem

So, I've wired an extremely basic Cf8 set up, just to see how the LED and such works only to find that it doesnt. Later, I discovered that the soundboard is treating the FoC LED as the Main board LED and vise versa. I've attempted to use RICE to fix the issue- but that doesn't seem to work either. I can turn my main dies on (I have a Red Red White Cree-tri) by clicking on the adjust current settings, and they turn on- but even if i save settings, the saber always turns on with my white Foc die. Additionally, RICE, and my board aren't letting me change my FoC. Even when adjusting the "current" settings for FoC, the white die dose nothing. Some one help me, you're my only hope.

(also, i've checked all my soldering with the manual, as well as my drivers with RICE- aswell as flipping the wires with the rice port.)

(update: when turning the red Leds on with the "current" adjuster- they stay on and work normal until the saber is reset by putting the killplug in then out. none of the settings save)
    Last edited by Sawyer; 06-21-2017 at 01:01 PM.

When you're using RICE to change your colors, are you clicking "store profile" before you click on "save override.txt"? That may help.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

yeah. I get the beeps for saving- but no settings actually save.

Can you successfully save an edit with the card inserted into a PC/Mac? The reason I ask this is that I have a few older micro SD cards laying around that are stuck in "Read Only" mode. I can format them, add files, delete files and it looks like the operations work, but when I look at the card contents afterwards it is the same as before the operations, nothing changes all files are still there and no new ones can be added/edited. Apparently this happens if the card thinks it has been damaged or something to prevent any further data loss. Nothing to do for them except copy off the files and throw them away.

Hopefully this is not the case for you.