Thread: Nano biscotti v4: no power to board w/recharge port

Default Nano biscotti v4: no power to board w/recharge port

Hello folks,

I've got my NBv4 wired up and I've run into a weird snag. I've got a recharge port, so I've got the battery - going directly to the negative terminal on the port and the board negative and switch negative going to the cutoff negative terminal on the port so that power to the board will be killed if I have a kill switch or the charger connected.

In that configuration, I can't power up the board. If I wire everything to the negative terminal and bypass the cutoff everything works great but I can't use a kill key and I'm a little worried about charging if power to the board isn't cut off.

Am I wiring this wrong or is there something possibly wrong with the recharge port? I checked and resoldered the joints a couple times with no success.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Do you have access to a multimeter? If so, can you check for continuity across the two negative terminals on the recharge port? It should be cut with a kill key in, but closed with one removed.

I do have a multi-meter but needs new batteries. I'll chase those down today and check. Thanks!