So as most of us do, I was poking around at a True-Value Hardware store looking through the fasteners and stumbled onto a solution for keep stuff out of the recharge port when the kill key is removed. It is called a "well nut" (6-32). It is mostly made out of neoprene or rubber and has a bit of 6-32 female socket at the narrow end.

IMG_1232.jpgIMG_1233.jpg

I didn't need that, so I cut that part off to use the rubber end and large disc, which is hollow.

IMG_1234.jpg

And here is the result, as shown. I will probably add a dab of hot glue to cover the hole near the top to make it somewhat water resistant. I can't go too far down with the glue so the hole still fits over the middle prong of the recharge socket. It is snug enough not to fall out yet easy to remove. If it is cut too long it won't fit though.

IMG_1235.jpgIMG_1239.jpgIMG_1237.jpgIMG_1238.jpg

Some may not like the look, but it may come in handy when outside in damp weather. Dressing up the rubber disk at the end with some kind of metal would make it look better, or simply trimming it down to make the disk smaller could help. Suggestions welcome!