Thread: PLI Problem

Default PLI Problem

Hey all. As suggested to me before, I wired the PLI in parallel to the board of my saber. However, it is now on all the time and will only show red light and some yellow if it's positioned just right. I also cannot actually turn on my saber now with it where it is. I've seen in the forums that you need a recharge port so it doesn't do that, but I don't want to put one on this saber. So my questions are these.

1: Do I need a new PLI (which aren't in stock right now)?
    2: Where would I wire in the PLI if I don't want it on all the time with the ability to actually turn the saber on?

Thanks guys.

Ok, Ive done a bit more research and it looks like it can be put on between the battery and the switch. but the switch in the example was a dpdt switch. Will it also work with a momentary switch and which node would I wire it to?

Some details on your sound board and battery configuration would be useful. How are you charging your battery if you don't have a recharge port? Removable battery? Assuming a 3.7V battery and one of the lower end boards like a NB, you will need the PLI to be wired parallel to the battery to show the battery level. A latching switch on one of the legs to the PLI could turn it off on demand. A momentary switch wouldn't really work, unless you also had a momentary to latching converter.

I am using Ultrasabr Obsidian V4 and Emerald. I'm doing this because I need the electronics to be Mac compatible. I'm close to giving up on the PLI altogether even though I've been working on this saber for over a year, but I want the PLI to only be on when the saber is on.

I'm not familiar with that board. I have no idea if you can get switched full battery output off of it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El_Kenobi1138 View Post
    I am using Ultrasabr Obsidian V4 and Emerald. I'm doing this because I need the electronics to be Mac compatible. I'm close to giving up on the PLI altogether even though I've been working on this saber for over a year, but I want the PLI to only be on when the saber is on.
    FYI, the soundboards sold in the store here, from PlecterLabs.com, are compatible with the MacOS. There can sometimes a few quirks with the soundfonts, but those are easily addressed.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.