Thread: My first two builds

Default My first two builds

So this all started when I bought a couple of lightsabers and just felt dissatisfied. Between thinking "I could do better" and my nephew asking me to build him one, I set out on a project to make two: one for him and one for my brother to duel him.
    For one, I used a nano biscotte v3 with a GGW LED and pommel recharge port (not doing that again.)
    For the other, I used a NB v4 with a RRW LED and got smarter with a switch box. It has an auxiliary switch from when I planned to use a prizm soundboard, but it wasn't available st the time. I got ambitious and added a crystal chamber to the second build. That drove me crazy trying to figure it out, but I've been in Army flight school at the same time, so my brain is already dead by the time I get to my hobbies.
    I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...assuming I successfully load them. Everything was from either TCSS or a hardware store, and I used what I had in my garage to put it all together.

I'm sure my workmanship will improve with time and practice.
    I'll take suggestions on names for each saber if you have any ideas.
    Last edited by Imperator.Caelorum; 06-15-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Nice work on the design. Good luck with flight school.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator.Caelorum View Post
    I've been in Army flight school
    Thank you for your service. Both sabers look nice. Good job.

A pair of nice looking hilts here
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your first...and second
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

If anyone out there is always as curious as I am as to how people make their crystal chambers, here's an earlier picture of how I put mine together. All I did was go to a hardware store, find parts that could hold the crystal, drill a larger hole in the chassis disk, and thread the pieces together to leave them secure. Later, I added the rod in that feeds the main LED wires through without being exposed.

You can see where the crystal LED ended up. That was while I was still testing everything out. I toyed with the idea of using a main LED to light it, because it just looked wicked cool, but I was on a budget.

Last edited by Imperator.Caelorum; 06-15-2017 at 06:31 PM.

The only advice I have is: keep an eye on your bank account, this hobby is nuts, and clearly you have the fever. its a lot of fun making little electrical stuff work! Nice job!!!! Love the chamber work!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Ha ha, most certainly. Don't worry, I started these builds back in December. I can hardly ever buy anything outright, so I always spread the cost out over each paycheck. It works out for the best though. If I didn't have to be careful, I never would have learned how to build things one piece at a time.