Thread: Alternate shroud material that fits well over mhs hilt?

Question Alternate shroud material that fits well over mhs hilt?

Is there an alternate shroud material that fits well over mhs hilt? Besides the mhs shroud, I dont really want to pay shipping for the one item :/

I am aware of using a sink tube but im not sure how well it fits over the hilt, seems a bit too large to fit really well.
    Last edited by HybridRiot; 06-14-2017 at 10:49 AM.

There are a few different types of sink tube. You're looking for a 1.5" tube, but they come in a few different wall thicknesses. Your best bet if you don't want the excellent MHS shroud material is to head on down to your local hardware/plumbing store with an MHS piece and see what fits nicely. If the plumbing section doesn't have what you want, check out electrical conduit.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

MHs parts were actually designed to fit inside a 1.5" chrome sink drain tube, so the fit is usually pretty good. Make sure you look for 22ga., not the heavier walled 20ga.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ok thanks for the direction, next time i get a chance i will bring my hilt to a hardware store and see what fits best. Or just suck it up and pay for the shroud/shipping if i cant find something adequate.

i have some 1.5 in sink tube... it was like 12-13 bucks. Its pretty thin though. Not sure how it compares to the shroud from the shop. The shroud looks thicker in photos on the site.

Blog Entries

The shroud material from TCSS is quite thick. It allows for a very clean edge when cut straight and sanded.