Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Slothfurnace's Entropy: A Prizmv5/Neopixel blade test saber.

Wow, love it. This is honestly one of the best looking sabers from canon to fan made for me.

Classic but unique.

Just beautiful, every time. Seeing your amazing art is what lead me here...... and down the rabbit hole.

Greenie

Wow! What an amazing work of art, and it's just an "over the weekend" project... sigh.

Not to take anything away from TCSS parts, but those real-world parts (like the Canon flash) do give sabers a nice "real-world" feel. In addition, Slothfurnance knows how to take great photos.
    Last edited by Just A Jedi; 06-13-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Jedi View Post
    Wow! What an amazing work of art, and it's just an "over the weekend" project... sigh.

Not to take anything away from TCSS parts, but those real-world parts (like the Canon flash) do give sabers a nice "real-world" feel. In addition, Slothfurnance knows how to take great photos.
    Thank you very much, regarding the photos. It's something I take great pride in.

For those asking about the even-ness of the blade:

It's very even.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

I would love to have a pixel blade. They are so pretty. What did you use for diffuser?
    Last edited by Thalan the Exiled; 06-13-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Fantastic. You could have said it was found on the original set as a prototype for the movie and it would have been believable. I particularly like the thinner flash card/clamp. Just like the originals, yet less bulky and it just feels better.

As always, excellent work. I'm definitely going to have to play with pixel blades
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    I would love to have a pixel blade. They are so pretty. What did you use for diffuser?
    I used one of the Hasbro/MR FX blade diffuser foam sections. I put two neopixel strips back to back inside one of the neopixel sheaths, and that into the diffuser, and that into the polycarb tube.

https://youtu.be/3PhssNGsrEg

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

If you can, can you post a link to where you got your pixel strip.
    Last edited by Thalan the Exiled; 06-16-2017 at 11:51 AM.