Thread: Belated introduction

Default Belated introduction

Hello all. I've lurked and read and toyed with the MHS builder for months, but I finally decided to make an account. Like almost everyone else on here, I'm a big Star Wars fan from way back. I've recently become VERY interested in custom saber props (or at least lurking on saber sites, drooling over sabers and praying the money fairy will visit me).

I should have posted here first, so this intro is a few posts late. Sorry about that. There are so many helpful topics, videos and loads of good info that I already posted some questions & ideas. But, I'm also a bit intimidated because I hate to confess that I am a COMPLETE n00b and not a DIYer (I guess the Force is not that strong with this one). I haven't built other props, I don't have a tool shop or work bench and I've never soldered anything. Still, I feel like TCSS is the foundation for virtually all saber work so I couldn't stay away.

I'll try to not trip over my own feet while I'm here.

No worries.
    There are many here who can give you help and advice.
    Remember, we all had to start somewhere. We weren't all building sabers out of the crib
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"

Quote Originally Posted by Therion Jinn View Post
    No worries.
    There are many here who can give you help and advice.
    Remember, we all had to start somewhere. We weren't all building sabers out of the crib
    Ha ha. Thanks Therion. I agree that there's LOTS of useful info here.

Welcome to the forums! My advice is always to start with a simple build. You can always upgrade later as your skills improve.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Welcome aboard! Don't worry too much about your level of experience. I also (and many many others) joined this forum with zero experience in electronics work, soldering, etc. But this is definitely the best place to get started. Just take your time to read through the info here on what you want to accomplish, and post questions if something still doesn't make sense.
    Happy sabering!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------