Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Proton Arc blade

I think your asking will the blade warp when you move and will you be able to dual with it I actually think because of the high speed of rotation of the arc the blade will be rigid and not warp the diamagnetism will make it extend then the plasma will only be able to survive where the arc is so it should stay contained in a nice neat blade one risk that has been considered by plasma scientists on the building of a lightsaber is the risk of a blade being redirected by even a small magnet
    just throw a refrigerator magnet at Mr Jedi and hes toast
    remember now my blade is diamagnetic and diamagnetism repels mamgnetic fields protecting the blade from outside influences there's yet another reason why diamagnetism is the key now as far as being able to dual yes the as long as 2 sabers are designed the same way (current flows in the same direction) the blades will repel eachother. here is a link on plasma lightsaber theories http://www.exn.ca/starwars/plasmasaber.cfm
    "The Force is my Ally"

I haven't read anything yet to suggest you'll get anything more than the glow of ionized air around such a device... and that's certainly not the same thing as hydrogen plasma. It's static electricity.

From what I've read, there's theories on CREATING the implosion vortex with high voltage, but not GENERATING high voltage with it.

Some of the theories are nice, but I don't think they can be applied the way you're suggesting.

And I still think Schauberger was a new-age crackpot. The Germans were into researching the occult too... that doesn't make his work for the SS any more credible. They researched a lot of wacky stuff.

Default photon blade

im sorry to say guys but this theory has been around since i was in junior high and has been proven beyond the capability of production and outside the physical rules of our world. its a nice idea and all...

Here is the cycle of what is happening just incase any of you still don't understand.
    "The Force is my Ally"

I understand what you think will happen. But even if the theory was sound, I think you're expecting too much voltage from such a small volume of water. The supposedly functioning generators were quite large.

You could build a prototype in a garage in an afternoon. Like I said, have at it. Prove me wrong.

All I really have to do is get the water chamber to generate a strong diamagnetic field that's it that's all it will take for it to work everything else about the design is perfectly doable the question is will the copper egg turbine generate enough diamagnetic energy? It may require a different design.
    "The Force is my Ally"

Ryma Mara

Try a more conductive/less cerosive(for long life) metal.

I have to use copper and water it's the only way you see there is a chain reaction that occurs between them when a water vortex flows through a copper coil or even just regular copper it generates electricity and diamagnetism so then the diamagnetism repels the electricity's magnetism creating a sort of chain reaction.
    "The Force is my Ally"

I'm not entirely sure you understand that concepts. I haven't found any direct correlation between 'dimagenetism' and the creation of current/voltage. All of the examples I've seen use the kinetic energy generated by the vortex effect to turn a mechanically-connected generator. This release of protons you talk about appears as a faint blue glow -- ionized air. It's technically plasma in its own right, but it won't create a lightsaber's blade.

Dimagnetism tends to be linked to anti-gravity and repulsion... I'm not sure where you think that is useful in building a lightsaber. Unless you want a self-propelled lightsaber.

well it's not just the proton glow that is the blade it's also the arcing of voltage just like Bodi's design the glow just makes the blade look more real because it can cause the blade to glow cool colors like green or purple which would be awsome and as far as power generation I did read that a coil submersed in a vortex generates power.

We should stop this now Argyll no sense arguing about an unknown technology lets just run the necessary experiments.
    "The Force is my Ally"