Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cliche Sith Saber Name Here

Default Cliche Sith Saber Name Here

Yeah, so I don't have a name for it. But here is my very first build. All TCCS MHS parts, featuring a full MHS chassis with an NBv4, recharging, Red-Red-Deep Red tri-cree(set for FOC), and bass speaker. Running Annihilation and Legacy Rule of One fonts along with Grey Meat. I plan to do a Darth Nihilus cosplay and this will be my saber for it. The saber is etched with a style themed off of the patterns seen on the Sith Temple and Holochron on Clone Wars and Rebels. On the front I used a Sith font and wrote the Sith Code out, on the back spine is the quote "Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead". After etching the neck was powder coated in Prizmatic Powders Copper Coin and the body in their Tinted Clear II. After powder coated I used a satin black krylon to add a bit of weathering to some of the crevices.

Anyways, on to pics. Would love to hear some feedback. Also if you know any good setting for a more unstable style font for an NBv4 I would appreciate it!

Beautiful saber with some excellent etching. Kudos

Greenie

Great job! Especially the etching is outstanding!

That etching is fantastic. Nice work.

awesome...... can you tell us about the process? did you paint the emitter and pommel by hand or- spray or...

Such intricate and detailed etching. It takes a relatively simple design and puts it into the upper echelons of saber craft.

Soooooooo your going to name it : Epitaph ?

Or is that too punk?

"Vox Galea"
    Last edited by jbkuma; 06-09-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't personally name my sabers and if I'm honest some of the names I see are quite ridiculous. That said, nefarious comes to mind.

oh great job by the way
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

You could always name it Hunger, to go with your Nihilus theme.

Nice job indeed, especially on a first saber!
    As far as unstable fonts, I go with Madcow's Unhinged, and he's got Spitfire out now too. I don't have that one yet, but the demo sounds great. Also Shameem has a great unstable font but the name has escaped me =)

On the convention of naming sabers, or weapons in general, I say go ahead and do it. A sword is a sword, but Excalibur and Sting are legendary!
    Although I admit, DC speaks true when some are ridiculous. Hopefully I have not fallen into that pit yet.

Keep up the good work RMDphoto!
    -Darkmatter73