Thread: quick connectors ??

Default quick connectors ??

So- I'm sure someone or a lot of someones have already been down this path, so id appreciate any advice. I started this journey a while back and made a saber- then i had a plasma backfire (issue with the build) that lead quite literally to me having to CUT part of the saber apart to get back into it. Anyhow..... I'm past that now and as part of my rebuild- and second build i am attempting to remove anything that is "excess" from the hilt... "extra" wires- slack- anything to sort of tidy up the build- and also make it less crowded and easier to update- fix- etc in the future. So- my thought is.... for at least a couple items - LED and Switch- some sort of quick connector would really fit the bill. Everything else will be contained near the hilt with a couple chassis discs and speaker mount from the shop (this is a NB3 build). I've seen a MADCOW build where he had a molex kk (I think) connecter as part of a (very badass) removable custom internal chassis- and while that would be awesome..... I'm not there yet- him and Darth Chasm and Greenie (and others) with their custom inner cores are amazing- thanks guys for all the inspiration. I'm wondering if anyone else has done more "rudimentary" build using these type of connectors- or something similar that worked for you?

The JST connectors in the store aren't too large, if you only need a couple of them. I have 2 JSTs connecting LED and switch in my build. You can see it in the Chassis thread.

Scavenging connectors from old electronics is another good option.

I typically use header pins and sockets. They are super cheap, small, and you can get them in any number of pins/sockets combinations. If you have ever built your own PC this is what is used to connect speaker, usb ports etc. to the motherboard (motherboard has the pins, the other wires are the sockets)

are those silver disks- chassis disks from the store??? if so- what ones- and what portion of a saber is that for- standard- or a ribbed section? or something else entirely?

The silver disks are from the store, a #5 and a #2. Both are sized for full size MHSv1 parts. #2 will slip inside the MHS parts. #5 will lock between the threaded sections of two MHSv1 parts.