Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello from Ontario, Canada

Hey welcome to the forums!

As a fellow canuck, depending on where you are located some items may not be available locally. I strongly suggest you don't try and re-invent the wheel (as I attempted to do). That is unless you are expert level with electronics, and have 100's of hours to kill (what's your time worth to you?).

Minimum you will be spending to get that Vader into full- swing battle ready is about 100-200$ Canadian. That's with the absolutely critical blade holder from TCSS, Single Red LED with optics, thick-walled pre-made blade. (Customs might ding you on non-electronic parts).

There are ways around this, many make their own blade.

If you want scrolling , add another 300 to that. The neopixel strip blades are bleeding edge, and take a good amount of skill to make properly. I am not sure how hard an impact it would take.

If you have no experience at all with electronics, maybe just try the simple single LED install.

But you might as well just order the NBV4, some chassis disks, and 144led/m neopixel strips. You can always use the NBV4 in your Vader hilt, and make a MHS hilt (or PVC/sinktube), and put the guts (from Vader saber) into your homemade saber.

Hope that helps !

I

Quote Originally Posted by Whosle View Post
    Hey welcome to the forums!

As a fellow canuck, depending on where you are located some items may not be available locally. I strongly suggest you don't try and re-invent the wheel (as I attempted to do). That is unless you are expert level with electronics, and have 100's of hours to kill (what's your time worth to you?).

Minimum you will be spending to get that Vader into full- swing battle ready is about 100-200$ Canadian. That's with the absolutely critical blade holder from TCSS, Single Red LED with optics, thick-walled pre-made blade. (Customs might ding you on non-electronic parts).

There are ways around this, many make their own blade.

If you want scrolling , add another 300 to that. The neopixel strip blades are bleeding edge, and take a good amount of skill to make properly. I am not sure how hard an impact it would take.

If you have no experience at all with electronics, maybe just try the simple single LED install.

But you might as well just order the NBV4, some chassis disks, and 144led/m neopixel strips. You can always use the NBV4 in your Vader hilt, and make a MHS hilt (or PVC/sinktube), and put the guts (from Vader saber) into your homemade saber.

Hope that helps !

I
    Thank you for all that information. Just to clarify, what i would like to be able to do is have a brighter blade (removable) and still powers up/down like a light saber and is "battle ready" is this possible?

Yes it is possible. With the neopixel strip blades and the NBv4

Quote Originally Posted by Whosle View Post
    Yes it is possible. With the neopixel strip blades and the NBv4
    wheres the best place to start. do we have step by step instructions for this considering its new tech?

Blog Entries

Here's a link to the user's manual for the Nano Biscotte Sound Module V4:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Na...e-V4-P806.aspx

The pdf of the manual is halfway down the page. You'll find instructions on the neo-pixels option there. It is a little overwhelming at first, but hang in there. It starts to make sense after you study it for a while. Plus, this forum is a good place to find answers to specific questions about the NB4.

Welcome to a fun hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexa1994 View Post
    Welcome to the squad dear!!
    Thank You!

i just broke down and purchased a Luke Skywalker Black Series 2015