Okay, so I've set up a Crystal Focus 8 saber using the accented LEDs for the first time but I am a little confused as to programming the PLI during the lockup phase.

Wiring and Setup
So I've wired the accented pads #5-7 to a 5mm RGB for the crystal LED and accented pads #1-4 to a bargraph. What I am looking to do is for the bargraph to act as a PLI during the lockup phase. Now as far as wiring is concerned, I don't think there were any soldering mistakes as the crystal LED works just fine and the bargraph sequences (during the idle and power-on phases) animate just as I programmed them to. So I am guessing that it may be my understanding of the CF8 manual as it pertains to the variables in configuration files that is flawed.
Here is the relevant settings in the lockup.txt file for that specific sound font:

// Lockup LED sequence
pli=1
glyphpli=0
random=0
accmode=1
halfd=4

Observed Behavior
So instead of the four LEDs in the bargraph (#1-4) behaving as a PLI during lockup, only one of those LEDs operate as the PLI. It blinks faster and faster as the battery depletes. My understanding is if I set the halfd variable to 1, then only one of the accented LEDs would behave as a PLI, which is how it seems to be right now. But my intention is for all four LEDs on the bargraph to be the PLI. Is setting the halfd variable to 4 not how this is done? Is there something I'm missing or not understanding?