Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you run a Lux5 on an mr board?

Ryma Mara

Default How do you run a Lux5 on an mr board?

As the topic title says how do you run a 5watter on an Mr board. If it makes a difference a Bin 1-2 Cyan.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You don't...

It's that simple in a way. It doesn't have the juice to light it. You can have it work WITH something else but it can't drive the LED itself.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Ryma Mara

Yeah thats kinda what I was talking about. I seen someone said they were using a 5watter with an Mr board and a resistor.

I guess thats kinda what I was getting at like what resistor and wiring would I have to do. What ammount of bateries and how to keep the effects that the board has like the blade shutting off with the deavtivation sound.

My understanding of electronics is basic at best, but it sound like you're talking about running the LED directly off the battery with a resistor, then using a voltage regulator in between the battery and the MR board. You could do the same thing with one of Corbin's drivers in place of the resistor too, just as long as you were careful not to give the MR board too much juice. Bottom line is that you can run the LED and the MR board off the same battery, but you can't run the LED off the board. Period.

Ryma Mara

Yes but Iw ant to do it without spending the 40$ to do so.

Like I said, use a battery pack with enough voltage to run the 5watt, run the LED directly off of that, run the MR board off the battery with a voltage regulator. That's the only way you can do it. I think...

Ryma Mara

I see. I shal have to try that when the cash comes avalable.

Thanks

Default 5

I have a set up with a 5 Watt and an MR Board, but the MR Board is not powering the LED. The 5Watt is wired to a 9Volt battery and the switch. The MR Board is wired to a 4AAA pack and the same switch. So the switch turns both the MR Board and the LED on at the same time, but when you turn the saber off the LED shuts off completely when the "power down" sound is still in the middle of playing since they aren't wired together. So there is a second at the end of the "power down" sound when there is no light. Other than that and dealing with 2 different battery packs it works great.

But I have to warn you or anyone else doing this, I killed a couple of sound boards before it worked. the 2 sound boards that were fried with this set-up are the Luke 05 Board, and the Anakin Board. I don't know if it was the boards or something to do with the way I wired it, but they did not hold up well. I had a Mace board that worked without problem, and currently I have a Maul sound board wired this way with a Green 5 Watt and so far it shows no problems.

Ryma Mara

Sweet, Keep us updated at how that works out for you.

I was wandering would it work if you wired both switch leads to a single switch if that would work?

Come on Darn it! I posted how to do this already.

All TCSS Parts!

six aa pack
    MR board
    5w LED
    resistor
    switch

Use a jump wire on half the pack to power the sound board. It's that simple.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"