Thread: Help with recharge port!

Default Help with recharge port!

Hi guys,

24 hours till I have to be done with this saber (it's a gift) would be incredibly appreciative of advice.

I'm extremely close to finishing, and the one problem I'm having is with charging through the recharge port. When I plug everything up - the charger to the charge-to-barreljack converter, and the barrel jack into the Recharge port going to battery - the light on the charger does not come on.

I've bought everything through TCSS. I bought two chargers, and I tested both. No light comes on when I hook up the battery. I wired a male jst connector to the battery and hooked that to the female end of the mhs recharge port. Tim told me this was right.

Any idea what's going on? Another sleepness night in the shop. I'm so close, this is my last issue (I hope)!

IMG_5404.jpg

EDIT: The light on the charger does come on when I hook the charger up to my battery via the Tamiya to Alligator clip connector. But of course, this defeats the purpose of the recharge port.IMG_5405.jpg

Could be a bad port, it happens. What happens if you connect the alligator clips to the appropriate tabs of the port?

Thanks for the response. Looks like I made a dumb and fatal error 16 hours before my deadline.

I was at the point of putting the final assembly together when I decided to charge it. It looks like I had this reversed. I thought the male JST was the one with the prongs. It looks like when I plugged in the charger I damaged the sound board. The speaker are now extremely quiet. I assume that accidentally plugging the charger in the wrong way somehow damaged the sound component. The LED driver and accent LED driver still work though.

I assume I'm done for and need a new crumble.

Blog Entries

I've done that before. I reversed the wires on a PC. Two seconds later smoke was coming from the board. It happens. Don't feel too bad. It could probably be repaired. Contact Zook.