Thread: MHS alignment, drilling & tapping

Default MHS alignment, drilling & tapping

Hi all,
    I'd appreciate some advice...

Should I be very specific about where I want certain screw holes drilled & tapped/box mounting drilled/etc (i.e. should I send drawings to Tim along with my order)? Would TCSS put the basic saber together to align screw holes & box drilling? Or, should I just purchase drill/tap services along with the MHS parts and adjust the pieces after I get them? Based on one of Madcow's videos it doesn't seem too difficult to sand threads in order to realign pieces.

I feel close to making my first order, and I don't want to be a "customer-zilla". But, it's not a small amount of money and I would like it to turn out "right".

What's the conventional wisdom?

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Jedi View Post
    Hi all,
    I'd appreciate some advice...

Should I be very specific about where I want certain screw holes drilled & tapped/box mounting drilled/etc (i.e. should I send drawings to Tim along with my order)? Would TCSS put the basic saber together to align screw holes & box drilling? Or, should I just purchase drill/tap services along with the MHS parts and adjust the pieces after I get them? Based on one of Madcow's videos it doesn't seem too difficult to sand threads in order to realign pieces.

I feel close to making my first order, and I don't want to be a "customer-zilla". But, it's not a small amount of money and I would like it to turn out "right".

What's the conventional wisdom?

Thank you in advance!

I've had work done where Strydur was happy to do highly specific drilling and aligning pieces the exact way I wanted [Thanks Tim] but for obvious reasons that can only be done if you order all the pieces you want aligned to one another at the same time and yes the more specific you are the better and sending pics wouldnt hurt but I'd suggest before ordering you first send a message to him and discuss it. Hopefully you can get everything you want sorted out correctly to be able to build your 'dream saber'. Good Luck and MTFBWY.

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    I've had work done where Strydur was happy to do highly specific drilling and aligning pieces the exact way I wanted [Thanks Tim] but for obvious reasons that can only be done if you order all the pieces you want aligned to one another at the same time and yes the more specific you are the better and sending pics wouldnt hurt but I'd suggest before ordering you first send a message to him and discuss it. Hopefully you can get everything you want sorted out correctly to be able to build your 'dream saber'. Good Luck and MTFBWY.
    Thanks Onli-Won!