Thread: Chassis causing Hilt to Pommel Gap...need help

Default Chassis causing Hilt to Pommel Gap...need help

Hey all, I put together all my parts that I ordered and I am getting a gap between the Hilt and the Pommel. I ordered the chassis parts based on this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrA-FiAvR5U&t=869s

It seems that the chassis disk(Style 5) and speaker holder(v4) stick out too far and won't allow my pommel (MPS style 4) to thread on all the way.

What do I need to change to be able to keep with that pommel(or Style 3)?
    35003290905_30d8b638af_z.jpg

Yeah, the disks and speaker holder are meant to be a one object between parts kind of jobbie. You might be able to use a trim ring there, but really, you should probably pull the chassis disk out of that joint, and drop your all-thread directly into the speaker mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Yeah, the disks and speaker holder are meant to be a one object between parts kind of jobbie. You might be able to use a trim ring there, but really, you should probably pull the chassis disk out of that joint, and drop your all-thread directly into the speaker mount.
    But if I remove the remove the chassis disk then the chassis will slide around in the hilt. I got exactly what was listed in their video so it would lock into place between the hilt and pommel.

Use the v5 speaker mount. It has a lip that will lock it in place. Or use a longer pommel.

Disk 5 and the v4 speaker mount are mostly used for a reveal chassis.

Can you post a pic of what you are trying to put in there?

V4 speaker holder is this one:

It is designed to fit inside the pommel, and as shown in Rob's video...if it isn't allowing your pommel to thread on all the way, you may have measured the length of your chassis wrong, leaving a bit too long. Make sure your chassis disc 5 is fully seated in the threaded end of your hilt. Also check that the screws for your D-ring are not in the way, putting pressure on your speaker:

Those nuts could be pressing against your speaker.

It also may work better with a deeper pommel, like style 8, instead of stye 4.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I would remove the chassis disk style 5 and replace the speaker holder with a v5 which has a lip to lock it in place between pommel and hilt. Then just run your rods directly into the speaker holder skipping the chassis disk.

the MHS Pommel 1 which is used in the video has a depth of .7 inch and the one you used has a depth of .5 inch so it is .2 inch shorter causing your gap between the pommel and hilt. Y our speaker holder is too long for your particular pommel.